Stevia in the Raw Exposed! Suspicious Ingredient

MaxT3 Fitness Center of Georgia Forums Nutrition Talk Stevia in the Raw Exposed! Suspicious Ingredient

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Randy Yeomans Randy Yeomans 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

James Harris
    Keymaster

Not sure if anyone uses Stevia or not. You definitely have to watch out for those suspicious ingredients hidden in some of those products. “Stevia in the Raw” for example has a filler ingredient called Maltodextrin. This is the FIRST ingredient listed on the label!

Stevia in the RawMaltodextrin is a polysaccharide that is used as a food additive. It is produced from starch by partial hydrolysis and is usually found as a white hygroscopic spray-dried powder. In the U.S.., this ingredient is normally derived from corn starch. Corn is one of the most genetically engineered plant crops in the U.S.. I’m not totally certain where “Stevia in the Raw” gets it’s Maltodextrin sources from, but chances are that the main ingredient is probably genetically modified!

What’s more alarming though, is the impact Maltodextrin has on the glycemic index. Even though it’s not a sugar, it still has a glycemic index of 130 by itself (table sugar is only 65). This sounds like a terrible alternative to sugar if you ask me. Of course, NO Sugar would be preferred.

If you have to absolutely use sweeteners, I hear a lot of people are using Xylitol and natural Stevia. Personally, I’ve been using SweetLeaf. They claim to be the only chemical-free, zero-calorie, zero-carb, zero-glycemic index, natural sweetener there is.

SweetLeaf Stevia

Randy Yeomans
    Randy Yeomans
    Participant

thanks, I have a big bag of Stevia in the Raw at home… oops

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

What an awesome program! I was at first a skeptic mainly because at 47 years old I have many aches and pains.  I thought a bad back/bad shoulders would never allow me to do the things I was seeing on the videos.  I WAS WRONG!!!  I started late July of 2013 weighing 262…as of Dec 18, 2013…. I am down over 40lbs.
Alan Hyma